Friday, September 6, 2013

50 Facts About Me

I've had this blog, as I mentioned the other day, over four years now. I've been more active in the last couple weeks than I have been probably any other time in the life of the blog. I've often thought about doing a 50 facts about me post but, honestly, it seemed kind of like a lot of work and I didn't know if I could come up with 50 interesting things. I already have a list of "facts about me" on my about me page. But, the other night I had my laptop on my lap, a glass of wine in my hand and a full DVR and I managed to get one done! Hopefully, no matter how well you know me, you'll be able to learn something new.

1. I'm adopted.
2. I have one younger brother.
3. I tend to be sentimental, to a fault. I've often said, I feel like I'm one tragic event away from becoming a hoarder (please don't judge me. haha)
4. I often sing-talk. I basically turn my words into a song without even realizing it most of the time.
5. Crafting is my happy place.
6. I have a somewhat irrational fear of spiders.
7. When I was little, I was in a carpet commercial on cable.
8. I hate odd numbers. So much so that the volume is always on an even number and when I pump gas both the gallons and the dollar amount have to end in an even number.
9. Despite my hatred for for odd numbers, 9 is my favorite number. I know, I'm a conundrum.
10. Before getting LASIK, I couldn't even see my alarm clock without my glasses or contacts in.
11. I LOVE sleeping in.
12. I've never broken any bones.
13. My birthday is January 13th.
14. I love pickles, but only spears and whole pickles, not the little slices.
15. I've had fifteen teeth pulled. (4 when I was six, 7 when i was eleven (including some adult teeth) and lastly, my four wisdom teeth several years ago.
16. Growing up, I had a Rottweiler named Sasha. I loved her so much and when she went to doggy heaven I cried myself to sleep for two weeks.
17. My first job was hosting at Red Robin.
18. I am insanely observant.
19. I hate doing laundry. Well, I don't hate doing it as much as I hate folding and hanging everything up.
20. I LOVE cereal.
21. I'm a planner by nature. I like for everything to be planned and organized.
22. Twenty two is my favorite number to write.
23. I hate board games. Correction... I hate losing, THEREFORE I don't play board games. Haha.
24. I make toffee every Christmas.
25. The greatest day of my life was a day I spent exploring a rain-forest, jumping into a fresh water spring, sipping tea and having boomerang lessons from an aborigine in Australia.
26. I love new clothes. As a kid, for my birthday, instead of going to a theme park or having a birthday party, my mom, my grandma and me would spend the day shopping.
27. I love thrift stores and flea markets.
28. I'm a purse girl. I've had a purse on my shoulder since about the time I could walk.
29. "Hook" is, and always has been, my favorite movie.
30. I hate being hot.
31. I get socially anxious and would consider myself an introvert.
32. Growing up my grandpa flew his own plane and despite riding in that tiny plane no problem as a kid, I get super anxious when I fly.
33. I can be pretty stubborn.
34. Growing up I loved watching old episodes of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
35. Poppies are my favorite flower, but I don't really like getting flowers because it always breaks my heart when they die.
36. I have had three cars. (My first car was a silver Jetta. My 2nd car was a a BMW convertible. And my current car is a Hyundai Tuscon.)
37. My first concert was Hal Ketchum with my family.
38. I went to private Christian school until college.
39. My girl crushes are Jennifer Love Hewitt, Isla Fischer and Natalie Portman.
40. I love cheese.
41. I have a birthmark above my right knee.
42. Growing up, between the ages of 2 and when I moved out, my parents had three homes, all within about a one mile radius.
43. I've always wanted to sing the national anthem at a professional sporting event.
44. I took sign language classes as a kid and would still like to pursue that further.
45. My first real sewing project was sewing my own scrunchies as a kid on my moms old beat up machine.
46. I wish so badly that I was able to draw.
47. I can drink most any guy under the table.
48. Growing up I hated having red hair.
49. My role model is my late grandma, Marilyn Lucille.
50. I prefer dogs over cats.

Well, there you have it, some things you might have known about me and some you might not have.

Don't forget, there's still plenty of time to enter my $100 Target Gift Card Giveaway! Entering is easy, just click the link for more details.

1 comment:

Stefana said...

I really enjoyed this post! Lets see... I didn't know about your commercial, number 9 being your fave and 20 being your fave to write, and your first concert. Not too shabby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...